Monday, July 23, 2012

No Spike Chocolate Chip Cookies

I completely forget the original recipe from which these were inspired. That being said, I believe recipe etiquette is if you change 3 ingredients, you can consider the recipe yours.

Ella's Favorite "No-Spike" Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 3 cups almond flour (72 CHO)
  • 1/2c butter
  • 1/4c organic coconut sugar or xyletol (35 CHO)*
  • 1/2 tsp liquid stevia drops (clear or vanilla - whichever you prefer)*
  • 2 eggs (2 CHO)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 80g mini chocolate chips (~50 CHO)
Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter & sugar. Mix in egg. Add flour, vanilla, salt & soda. Mix. Add chocolate chips. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.

I make mine using the small pampered chef scoop, so I get ~ 48 small cookies using this recipe. I usually bake some up now and freeze the dough (already scooped) for later use as they are best fresh & hot out of the oven.

I calculate ~ 160 CHO total so each cookie = 3.3 CHO. Round down to 3 since I don't take any CHO out for the fiber in the almond flour.

*If you're not a liquid stevia fan, increase the coconut sugar or xyletol to 1/2 cup and omit the liquid stevia. Total carb count is increased to 195 = 4 CHO per cookie

Try it and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to try these, but finding some of those ingredients around here can be tough, not to mention very expensive. I have a vitamix and have been wanting to grind my own almond flour, just never remember to actually do it! I think the last time I looked at a bag of almond flour, it was $12 for a bag that held about 3 cups worth. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to make my own almond flour...pure laziness on my part. I purchase mine through Lucy's Kitchen Shop and get it at $6.25 per pound.

      Delete